Scott Johnson was an American mathematician. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He was born in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- He was gay.
- He is Steve Johnson‘s younger brother.
- He has two sisters namely Terry Johnson and Rebecca Johnson.
- In 1983, he moved from the U.S. to England, United Kingdom to study mathematics at the University of Cambridge in Cambridge, England where he met Michael Noone, a musicologist from Australia. He fell in love with Noone.
- In 1986, he left his doctoral program at the University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley, California and moved to Canberra, Australia on a student visa to be with Noone and complete his PhD at the Australian National University in Canberra.
- On December 8, 1988, he went missing.
- On December 10, 1988, a fisherman found him naked and dead on rocks at Blue Fish Point in North Head near Manly, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. His clothes, which were neatly folded, and his belongings were found on top of the cliff. His wallet was missing from his clothes.
- He died at the age of 27. He was staying at Noone’s parents’ house in Sydney when he died. Before his death, he had just put the final touches on his PhD.
- In 1989, a coroner ruled that he committed suicide, which his brother Steve disputed.