Zelma L. Long was a resident of Missouri, United States. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She is James B. Long‘s wife.
- As an elementary school teacher, she primarily taught third grade in Crystal City, Jefferson County, Missouri. After 30 years, she retired.
- She was 2 years younger than James. They lived in De Soto, Jefferson County.
- She and James have four daughters namely Linda Long, Angela Long, Christine Long and Laura Long, three sons namely James Paul Long, William Long and Martin Long, 15 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
- In 1946, she was voted the prom queen at De Soto High School in De Soto.
- On June 11, 1947, she married James.
- She loved to fish, travel and watch “Wheel of Fortune“, a television game show that premiered on NBC on January 6, 1975.
- On June 11, 1996, she and James celebrated their 49th wedding anniversary. After the celebration, their children started planning a big surprise for their 50th wedding anniversary.
- On July 8, 1996, siblings Carman L. Deck, Jr. and Tonia Cummings knocked on their door at their De Soto house, asking for directions to Laguna Palma reservoir in De Soto. She invited the siblings inside and James drew them a map. Deck pulled a gun and demanded money. She retrieved her bingo money worth around $200 from her purse in the kitchen and James offered to write Deck a check. The couple also gave Deck a tin canister with quarters. Still, Deck shot James and then her in the back of their heads and robbed them of $400.
- She died at the age of 67.
Categories: biographical data, LISTS, North America, United States
2 replies »