Paul Scott Howell was an insurance agent from Edmond, Oklahoma, United States. He attended Edmond Public Schools in Edmond and Columbia College in Columbia, Missouri, USA.
A recovering alcoholic, Howell contributed at the local, state, and national level of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born in Edmond to William Dean “Bill” Howell, Sr. and Dorothy Howell.
- He has one older sister named Megan Howell Tobey.
- He has two older brothers namely William Dean “Bill” Howell, Jr. and Brian Howell.
- He was married to Kathy Howell.
- He was a member of the First Christian Church of Edmond where he taught Sunday school classes.
- After attending Columbia College, he returned to Edmond and worked as an independent insurance agent for Howell-Stone Insurance, an insurance and bonds company focusing on the commercial construction industry.
- He loved travelling and scuba diving.
- A music lover, he was a fan of Jimmy Buffet, a singer-songwriter born in Pascagoula, Mississippi, U.S. in 1946.
- In 1987, he admitted his alcoholism and sought help with AA.
- In 1990, Kathy gave birth to their daughter Rachel K. Howell.
- In 1992, Kathy gave birth to their daughter Abby M. Howell.
- At around 9:30 p.m. on July 29, 1999, he, his sister and his two daughters went out shopping for school supplies. He drove a brown 1997 GMC Suburban. When he pulled into the driveway at his parents’ house in Edmond, an African-American man walked up to the car. After cracking his door open, he was shot by the African-American man. His sister and two daughters rushed out of the car. The gunman, who left in the car, was not immediately identified.
- At around 1:45 a.m. on July 30, 1999, he was pronounced dead. He died at the age of 45. He was buried at the Gracelawn Cemetery in Edmond.