Simone Monika Strobel was a German woman. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She was a kindergarten teacher from Würzburg, Bavaria, Germany.
- Her parents Gustl Strobel and Gabi Strobel are pig farmers.
- She is Alexander Strobel and Christina Strobel‘s sister.
- In 1999, she started dating Tobias Suckfuell. They were of the same age. He is Kathrin Suckfuell‘s brother.
- In August 2004, she and Tobias arrived in Australia for a one-year working holiday.
- In January 2005, Kathrin arrived in Australia with a friend named Jens Martin. On February 11, 2005, she, Tobias, Kathrin and Martin checked in to the Lismore Tourist Caravan Park in Lismore, New South Wales, Australia. They spent the night drinking at the Gollan Hotel in Lismore but Paul Harris, the bar manager, ejected them at 11:10 p.m. so they returned to the caravan park. She disappeared after arguing with Tobias at the campsite.
- On February 12, 2005, Kathrin and Martin started to look for her.
- On February 13, 2005, Tobias, Kathrin and Martin checked out of the Lismore Tourist Caravan Park before reporting her missing at the Lismore Police Station.
- On February 17, 2005, a senior constable from the NSW Dog Unit found her dead on a bocce court in the Lismore Continental Club, which is 90 meters from the campsite in Lismore where she disappeared. Palm fronds covered her naked and decomposing body.
- She died at the age of 25. The cause of her death is still unconfirmed.