Chad Oulson was a resident of Florida, United States. Here are 10 more things about him:
- He was Nicole Oulson‘s husband.
- He enjoyed riding dirt bikes and running his Baja speedboat down the Intracoastal Waterway to Clearwater Beach in Pinellas County, Florida.
- He and Nicole lived in Connerton, Pasco County, Florida.
- He worked at Sky Powersports, an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) and personal watercraft dealership in Port Richey, Pasco County, while Nicole worked at the United Services Automobile Association (USAA) in New Tampa, Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida.
- Among his Connerton neighbors were Joseph Detrapani, Saverio Mongelli and Bill Costas. He was a very nice guy who was always smiling, Costas told CNN. He was a good, genuine and funny person, Mongelli told the Tampa Bay Times.
- He was 10 years older than Nicole.
- In 2011, she and Nicole moved to Connerton. Their friend Casey Steege rented a room from them that year.
- In 2012, Nicole gave birth to their daughter Alexi Oulson. Since October 2012, a weapons ban had been in place at The Grove 16, a movie theater in Wesley Chapel, Pasco County.
- At 1:20 p.m. on January 13, 2014, he and Nicole were among the 25 people who were inside The Grove 16 to watch “Lone Survivor.” Also inside the movie theater were an off-duty deputy sheriff from Sumter County, Florida, two nurses, Vietnam veteran Charles Cummings, then 68, Cummings’ son Alex Cummings, retired Tampa police officer Curtis Reeves Jr., then 71, and Reeves’ wife Vivian Reeves. While waiting for the movie to start, he texted his daughter’s babysitter, which annoyed Curtis. After a series of argument between Curtis and him, he allegedly threw popcorn in Curtis’s face so Curtis opened fire, fatally shooting him and wounding Nicole. Curtis was arrested.
- He died at the age of 43.