Myanmar is in for a treat on June 30, Friday, as ONE Championship brings the country its very own MMA hero Aung “Burmese Python” La N Sang, who is on a mission to dethrone reigning ONE middleweight world champion Vitaly Bigdash. The event titled “ONE: Light of a Nation” will take place at the Thuwunna Indoor Stadium in Yangon, Myanmar.
MMA fans who cannot make it to Yangon can watch “ONE: Light of a Nation” livestream through the ONE FC website. However, they will only get to see there the two fights under the preliminary card:
- Flyweight Tournament Semi-Final 1: Saw Min Min (Myanmar) vs Kyar Ba Hein (Myanmar)
- Flyweight Tournament Semi-Final 2: Ye Thway Ne (Myanmar) vs Pat Kyaw Lin Naing (Myanmar)
To watch the HD livestream of the full “ONE: Light of a Nation,” viewers have to pay $9.99. This will enable them to watch the six fights under the main card:
- Bantamweight division: Zhong Qing Ya (China) vs Kevin Chung (South Korea)
- Bantamweight division: Tha Pyay Nyo (Myanmar) vs Htet Aung Oo (Myanmar)
- Featherweight division: Jimmy Yabo (Philippines) vs Bruno Pucci (Brazil)
- Atomweight division: Jenny Huang (Chinese Taipei) vs Mei Yamaguchi (Japan)
- Flyweight Tournament Semi-Final 1 Winner vs Flyweight Tournament Semi-Final 2 Winner
- Middleweight World Championship: Vitaly Bigdash (Russia) vs Aung La N Sang (Myanmar)
“ONE: Light of a Nation” is also available on YouTube. However, it is only for those who are currently in Myanmar.
This will be a rematch between Bigdash and Aung after the Russian fighter defeated the Myanmar MMA hero via unanimous decision at “ONE Championship: Quest for Power” on Jan. 14 in Jakarta, Indonesia. This time, this is no room for complacency for the latter as he seeks for revenge in his very own home country.
“It’s a fist fight, and this one’s going to be violent,” Aung told Frontier Myanmar. “I’m going to make it nasty.”
Currently, Aung holds a record of 19 wins, 10 losses and 0 draw. Bigdash, on the other hand, remains undefeated with 9 wins.
Watch a video featuring Aung and Bigdash here.