Miss Philippines Laura Lehmann has been officially added to the Top 40 of Miss World 2017. She was one of the 20 winners of the newly introduced Head-to-Head Challenge.
Along with the Head-to-Head Challenge winners, five fast-track event winners and 15 candidates selected by the judges will complete the Top 40. Here is the complete list of the 20 Head-to-Head Challenge winners:
- Miss Italy Conny Notarstefano
- Miss Argentina Avril Marco
- Miss Nepal Nikita Chandak
- Miss France Aurore Kichenin
- Miss Colombia Maria Daza
- Miss Bangladesh Jessia Islam
- Miss Macau Cloe Lan Wan-Ling
- Miss Mongolia Enkhjin Tseveendash
- Miss India Manushi Chhillar
- Miss Indonesia Achintya Holte Nilsen
- Miss Moldova Ana Badaneu
- Miss Guatemala Virginia Argueta
- Miss Liberia Wokie Dolo
- Miss Venezuela Ana Carolina Ugarte
- Miss Peru Pamela Sánchez
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza
- Miss Philippines Laura Lehmann
- Miss Vietnam Do My Linh
- Miss Lebanon Perla Helou
- Miss Kazakhstan Gul’banu Azimkhan
Aside from being a beauty queen, Lehmann is a Filipino model and TV host. She used to be a member of the women’s national softball team of the Philippines and she is currently studying Psychology at Ateneo de Manila University.
In 2014, Lehmann joined Binibining Pilipinas, the national pageant of the Philippines that chooses the candidates of the country to Miss Universe and Miss International. She finished first runner-up.
On Sept. 3, Lehmann joined Miss World Philippines 2017 and won the top crown. She became the successor of Catriona Gray, who placed in the Miss World 2016 Top 5.