There are 23 countries from North America represented at the Miss Universe 2017 beauty pageant. The grand coronation night will take place on Nov. 26, Sunday, at The AXIS in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Miss Universe 2016 Iris Mittenaere of France is set to pass her crown to her successor. Here are the 23 candidates from North America who are among those in the running to be her successor:
- Miss Aruba Alina Mansur
- Miss Bahamas Yasmine Cooke
- Miss Barbados Lesley Chapman
- Miss British Virgin Islands Khephra Sylvester
- Miss Canada Lauren Howe
- Miss Cayman Islands Anika Conolly
- Miss Costa Rica Elena Correa
- Miss Curacao Nashaira Balentien
- Miss Dominican Republic Carmen Muñoz
- Miss El Salvador Alisson Abarca
- Miss Guam Myana Welch
- Miss Guatemala Isel Suñiga
- Miss Haiti Cassandra Chery
- Miss Honduras April Tobie
- Miss Jamaica Davina Bennett
- Miss Mexico Denisse Franco
- Miss Nicaragua Berenice Quezada
- Miss Panama Laura de Sanctis
- Miss Puerto Rico Danna Hernandez
- Miss Saint Lucia Louise Victor
- Miss Trinidad and Tobago Yvonne Clarke
- Miss United States Kara McCullough
- Miss U.S. Virgin Islands Esonica Veira
In 2016, the Miss Universe candidates from North America performed very well. Runner-up to Mittenaere was Raquel Pelissier of Haiti.
Laura de Sanctis of Panama made it to the Top 13 in Miss Universe 2016. Siera Bearchell, Kristal Silva and Deshauna Barber of Canada, Mexico and the United States, respectively, made it to the Top 9.
Who do you think will win Miss Universe 2017? Let us know by commenting below.