The Philippines has been one of the powerhouses in the field of international beauty pageants. In 2016, Christine Joy Picardal won the second edition of Miss Diamond of the World, adding to the list of global Filipino beauty queens that year.
Before 2017 ends, Georgette Nicole Restrivera Coronacion, 19, of Carmona, Cavite will represent the Philippines in Miss Diamond of the World 2017, which will culminate at the Wyndham Princess Hotel and Casino in Batumi, Georgia on Dec. 23, Saturday. She and 34 other candidates from around the world will vie for the crown as the successor of Picardal.
Miss Diamond of the World 2017 is one of the last international beauty pageants conducted before 2018. Here is a list of global Filipino beauty queens crowned in 2017:
- On January 21, 2017, Mary Rose Salubre was crowned Mrs. Classic Galaxy 2017 at the Hotel Montecito in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- On January 21, 2017, Agnes Jakosalem was crowned Mrs. Grandma Universe 2017 at the Hotel Montecito in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- On May 25, 2017, Rizza Paula Infante was Miss Culture World Heritage 2017 crowned at Teatrino Promenade in San Juan City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- On May 27, 2017, Beatrice Andrada was crowned Miss Pacific World 2017 at the Monkey Beach Club Ilo in Puerto de Ilo, Peru.
- On August 12, 2017, Trisha Bantigue was crowned Miss Asian Global 2017 in San Francisco, California.
- On September 10, 2017, Sara Christine Bona was crowned Miss Nature Intercontinental 2017 in Szczecin, Poland.
- On September 23, 2017, Kathleen Paton was crowned Miss Teen International 2017 in Bangkok, Thailand.
- On October 13, 2017, Simone Amorado was crowned Miss Young of the World 2017 in Panama City, Panama.
- On October 20, 2017, Jedaver Opingo was crowned Miss Progress International 2017 in Puglia, Italy.
- On October 21, 2017, Toni Alyessa Hipolito was crowned Miss Globe International 2017 in Antalya, Turkey.
- On October 28, 2017, Risa Caldoza was crowned Mrs. Tourism International 2017 in San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan, Philippines.
- On October 31, 2017, Diosem Llyed Budios was crowned Miss Teen World Tourism 2017 in Tokyo, Japan.
- On November 3, 2017, Teresita Ssen Marquez was crowned Reina Hispanoamericana 2017 in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.
- On November 4, 2017, Karen Ibasco was crowned Miss Earth 2017 at the Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- On November 13, 2017, Jodel Mesina was crowned Miss Top of the World Plus Size 2017 in Singapore.
- On November 21, 2017, Mary Eve Adeline Escoto was crowned Miss Asia Global 2017 in Cochin City in Kerala, India.
- On December 6, 2017, Jannie Loudette Alipo-on was crowned Miss Tourism International 2017 at the Sunway Resort in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.