Super heavyweight Badr “Golder Boy” Hari, 33, has signed with the international kickboxing promotion company Glory. He will headline “Glory 51: Rotterdam” on March 3, 2018 with Hesdy Gerges, 33.
Hari’s “Glory 51: Rotterdam” opponent has yet to be announced. Here are 10 interesting facts about the Moroccan-Dutch prizefighter:
- Born in Amsterdam, Netherlands on December 8, 1984, Hari started practicing kickboxing when he was seven. He was trained by former world champion Mousid Akamrane.
- His parents are originally from Kenitra, Morocco.
- He is the first It’s Showtime World Heavyweight Champion. Founded in 1998, It’s Showtime was an Amsterdam-based kickboxing and mixed martial arts promotion that had shows from 1999 to 2012.
- He is 6’6” tall. As a super heavyweight fighter, he weighs more than 250 lbs.
- Model Daphne Romani is one of his former girlfriends. They have a daughter named Amber.
- After Romani, he dated Estelle Cruiff in 2012. Cruiff is the ex-wife of former Chelsea star Ruud Gullit.
- He was romantically linked to model Amber Rose. The latter is one of the former girlfriends of rapper Kanye West and Wiz Khalifa.
- Hari is friends with Chechen president Ramzan Kadyrov. The former gave kickboxing lessons to the bodyguards of the latter.
- Hari is friends with Cristiano Ronaldo, the legendary footballer from Funchal, Madeira, Portugal. The two are so close that rumors spread about a romantic relationship between them.
- King of Morocco, Mohammed VI, officially praised Hari for his outstanding accomplishment in kickboxing.
Here is a documentary featuring Hari: