As a volleyball player, Gumabao was an opposite hitter and she served as the co-captain of the women’s volleyball team of De La Salle University. She is now the camp director of the Alaska Volleyball Powercamp and a member of the Creamline Cool Smashers, a Premier Volleyball League (PVL) team owned by Republic Biscuit Corporation.
Aside from the Bb. Pilipinas-Globe 2018 title, Gumabao also won the Miss Cream Silk special award. She was also one of the finalists for the Best in National Costume award, which was given to Miss Universe Philippines 2018 Catriona Gray.
The Bb. Pilipinas-Globe title was passed to Gumabao by Bb. Pilipinas-Globe 2017 Nelda Ibe from Tarlac. On November 3, 2017 in Tirana, Albania, Ibe placed first runner-up at Miss Globe 2017, which was won by Do Tran Khanh Ngan of Vietnam.
In November 2016, Philippine representative Nicole Manalo finished third runner-up in Albania. She is the sister of Bb. Pilipinas-Universe 2009 Bianca Manalo, Miss World 2002 top 10 finalist Katherine Anne Manalo and the niece of Miss International 1968 top 16 semi-finalist Nini Ramos.
Here is the complete list of Bb. Pilipinas 2018 winners:
- Bb. Pilipinas 2018 second runner-up: Samantha Mae Bernardo
- Bb. Pilipinas 2018 first runner-up: Vickie Marie Rushton
- Binibining Pilipinas-Globe 2018: Michele Gumabao
- Binibining Pilipinas-Intercontinental 2018: Karen Gallman
- Binibining Pilipinas-Grand International 2018: Eva Psychee Patalinjug
- Binibining Pilipinas-Supranational 2018: Jehza Huelar
- Binibining Pilipinas-International 2018: Maria Ahtisa Manalo
- Miss Universe Philippines 2018: Catriona Gray