06 August 2018 – Shanghai, China: The largest global sports media property in Asian history, ONE Championship™ (ONE), has just announced the complete card for “ONE: Beyond the Horizon,” which is set for September 8, 2018 at the Baoshan Arena in Shanghai, China. It will feature 10 bouts including a match between Daniel “The Rock” Dawson, 40, of Perth, Western Australia, Australia and Mustapha “The Flying Dragon” Haida, 29, of Florence, Italy.
Both Dawson and Haida are making their ONE Championship debut at “ONE: Beyond the Horizon.” They are competing in a ONE Super Series kickboxing contest at a catch weight of 72kg.
A former eight-time Kickboxing World Champion and professional boxer, Dawson is one of Australia’s most respected combat sports athletes. He has a kickboxing record of 53 wins and 13 losses and a boxing record of 40 wins, 5 losses and 1 loss with 26 knockouts.
Dawson has had a very successful career competing in events across Australia, China, Japan, Thailand, New Zealand and the United States. He has now decided to take his talents to the prestigious ONE Super Series where he joins a long list of striking legends.
On the other hand, Haida is a former International Sport Karate Association (ISKA) Kickboxing World Champion. Training out of Fight Club Firenze at home in Florence, he owns a professional kickboxing record of 38 wins, 7 losses and 3 losses.
With experience competing under Glory, Super Kombat, Kunlun Fight and Bellator Kickboxing, Haida owns notable victories over opponents such as Andy Souwer, Enriko Kehl, Dzianis Zuev and Abdallah Mabel. Ranked among the top 10 welterweights in the world, Haida is looking to prove his skills on the biggest global stage of martial arts competition as he takes his talents to ONE Championship.
In the main event of “ONE: Beyond the Horizon,” reigning ONE Women’s Strawweight World Champion “The Panda” Xiong Jing Nan of China will defend her title against Samara “Marituba” Santos of Brazil. Here is the complete “ONE: Beyond the Horizon” fight card:
- Phat Soda vs Elipitua Siregar: Mixed Martial Arts: 56.7kg (Strawweight)
- Hakim Hamech vs Yukinori Ogasawara: ONE Super Series Muay Thai: 61.2kg (Flyweight)
- Daniel Dawson vs Mustapha Haida: ONE Super Series Kickboxing: 72.5kg (Catch Weight)
- Chen Lei vs Muhammad Aiman: Mixed Martial Arts: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Han Zi Hao vs Stergos Mikkios: ONE Super Series Muay Thai: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Roman Alvarez vs Daichi Takenaka: Mixed Martial Arts: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Ognjen Topic vs Tukkatatong Petpayathai: ONE Super Series Kickboxing: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Edward Kelly vs Christian Lee: Mixed Martial Arts: 70.3kg (Featherweight)
- Honorio Banario vs Amir Khan: Mixed Martial Arts: 77.1kg (Lightweight) *co-main event
- Xiong Jing Nan vs Samara Santos: Mixed Martial Arts: 56.7kg (Women’s Strawweight) *ONE Women’s Strawweight World Championship, main event
Ticket information for ONE: BEYOND THE HORIZON is available at www.onefc.com.