06 August 2018 – Shanghai, China: The largest global sports media property in Asian history, ONE Championship™ (ONE), has just announced the complete card for “ONE: Beyond the Horizon,” which is set for September 8, 2018 at the Baoshan Arena in Shanghai, China. It will feature 10 bouts including a match between Hakim Hamech, 25, of Lyon, France and Yukinori Ogasawara, 26, of Tokyo, Japan.
Hamech and Ogasawara will compete in a ONE Super Series Muay Thai flyweight contest at “ONE: Beyond the Horizon.” It will be the second bout of the evening.
Representing Team-NAS-R.K., Hamech is a professional Muay Thai record of 42 wins and 8 losses. He is a former two-time Muay Thai World Champion Hakim Hamech and is known for his speed and power.
After building a stellar professional career, Hamech now joins ONE Super Series to showcase his skills under the bright lights of the ONE Championship ring, alongside the biggest tickets in striking martial arts. In his promotional debut, Hamech will search for his first victory in the promotion when he faces Ogasawara, who is a former World Boxing Council (WBC) Japan Super Bantamweight Muay Thai Champion.
Born and raised in Tokyo, Ogasawara finally found his calling when he was 15 years old after a regular childhood hanging around his father’s convenience stores. On a whim, he had signed up to take up kickboxing at Crosspoint Kichijoji near his house, and it would become a turning point in his life.
Ogasawara then spent three years studying abroad in Vancouver, Canada but never stopped training, even competing in an amateur kickboxing match there. He soon made his professional kickboxing debut and has since amassed a professional record of 15 wins, 4 losses and 4 draws, winning a national title along the way.
In the main event of “ONE: Beyond the Horizon,” reigning ONE Women’s Strawweight World Champion “The Panda” Xiong Jing Nan of China will defend her title against Samara “Marituba” Santos of Brazil. Here is the complete “ONE: Beyond the Horizon” fight card:
- Phat Soda vs Elipitua Siregar: Mixed Martial Arts: 56.7kg (Strawweight)
- Hakim Hamech vs Yukinori Ogasawara: ONE Super Series Muay Thai: 61.2kg (Flyweight)
- Daniel Dawson vs Mustapha Haida: ONE Super Series Kickboxing: 72.5kg (Catch Weight)
- Chen Lei vs Muhammad Aiman: Mixed Martial Arts: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Han Zi Hao vs Stergos Mikkios: ONE Super Series Muay Thai: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Roman Alvarez vs Daichi Takenaka: Mixed Martial Arts: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Ognjen Topic vs Tukkatatong Petpayathai: ONE Super Series Kickboxing: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Edward Kelly vs Christian Lee: Mixed Martial Arts: 70.3kg (Featherweight)
- Honorio Banario vs Amir Khan: Mixed Martial Arts: 77.1kg (Lightweight) *co-main event
- Xiong Jing Nan vs Samara Santos: Mixed Martial Arts: 56.7kg (Women’s Strawweight) *ONE Women’s Strawweight World Championship, main event
Ticket information for ONE: BEYOND THE HORIZON is available at www.onefc.com.