06 August 2018 – Shanghai, China: The largest global sports media property in Asian history, ONE Championship™ (ONE), has just announced the complete card for “ONE: Beyond the Horizon,” which is set for September 8, 2018 at the Baoshan Arena in Shanghai, China. It will feature 10 bouts including a match between Phad Soda of Cambodia and Elipitua Siregar of Indonesia.
Soda is a former three-time National Kun Khmer Champion. Growing up as an orphan, he got into a lot of confrontations because of bullying but martial arts allowed him to turn his life around when he started training in Kun Khmer in 2012.
Since then, Soda has accumulated over 100 bouts, winning national titles three years in a row. Driven by a desire to make a name for his country on the global stage, Soda joined ONE Championship in 2017.
On the other hand, Siregar is a former Indonesian National Wrestling Champion. He came from humble beginnings, having been born to a family struggling to make ends meet in Indonesia’s North Sumatra region.
Siregar’s family sent him to live with his uncle in Jakarta in order to learn discipline. That would come in the form of enforced wrestling training, which would not just reform him but change his life forever.
Throughout Siregar’s academic career, he competed in wrestling and racked up numerous medals at the national level. After such a long run of domestic success, he turned his attention to international glory in the cage, and joined ONE Championship.
At “ONE: Beyond the Horizon,” Soda and Siregar will battle it out in the strawweight division. It will be the first bout of the evening.
In the main event of “ONE: Beyond the Horizon,” reigning ONE Women’s Strawweight World Champion “The Panda” Xiong Jing Nan of China will defend her title against Samara “Marituba” Santos of Brazil. Here is the complete “ONE: Beyond the Horizon” fight card:
- Phat Soda vs Elipitua Siregar: Mixed Martial Arts: 56.7kg (Strawweight)
- Hakim Hamech vs Yukinori Ogasawara: ONE Super Series Muay Thai: 61.2kg (Flyweight)
- Daniel Dawson vs Mustapha Haida: ONE Super Series Kickboxing: 72.5kg (Catch Weight)
- Chen Lei vs Muhammad Aiman: Mixed Martial Arts: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Han Zi Hao vs Stergos Mikkios: ONE Super Series Muay Thai: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Roman Alvarez vs Daichi Takenaka: Mixed Martial Arts: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Ognjen Topic vs Tukkatatong Petpayathai: ONE Super Series Kickboxing: 65.8kg (Bantamweight)
- Edward Kelly vs Christian Lee: Mixed Martial Arts: 70.3kg (Featherweight)
- Honorio Banario vs Amir Khan: Mixed Martial Arts: 77.1kg (Lightweight) *co-main event
- Xiong Jing Nan vs Samara Santos: Mixed Martial Arts: 56.7kg (Women’s Strawweight) *ONE Women’s Strawweight World Championship, main event
Ticket information for ONE: BEYOND THE HORIZON is available at www.onefc.com.