Akihiro “Superjap” Fujisawa, 38, of Japan has earned his third victory in ONE Championship. He was one of the winners at “ONE: Conquest of Champions” on November 23, 2018 and was one of the three Japanese fighters on the card.
Featuring eight mixed martial arts matches, two Muay Thai bouts and two kickboxing contests, “ONE: Conquest of Champions” took place at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines. It was the fourth and last ONE Championship event to be held in the country in 2018.
In the second bout of the evening, Fujisawa competed in the flyweight division against Rockie “God’s Warrior” Bactol, 19, of the Philippines . In an intense battle between ONE Warrior Series alumni, the Japanese contender emerged triumphant, scoring a third-round technical knockout victory over his Bangkok-based Filipino opponent.
Fujisawa had to weather an early storm, defending against Bactol’s blazing punch combinations in the first round. In the second frame, the former turned the tide by using his his top-notch ground game to negated the striking of the latter.
In the final period, Fujisawa grinded out Bactol on the mat for the majority of the round. After securing the finish with a series of hard blows, the Japanese contender had his hand raised by referee Olivier Coste as the winner via technical knockout.
Winning at “ONE: Conquest of Champions” improved Fujisawa’s professional MMA record to 5 wins and 0 loss. He earned his first victory in ONE Championship on March 31, 2018 in “Rich Franklin’s ONE Warrior Series” Season 1 where he knocked out Sandeep Gurung of Nepal.
On April 20, 2018, Fujisawa had his first official ONE Championship bout at “ONE: Heroes of Honor” at the SM Mall of Asia Arena. He knocked out Kaji “Alpha” Ebin, 26, of the Philippines via shoulder injury.
After “ONE: Conquest of Champions,” the Philippines now has five reigning world champions in ONE Championship. Here are the official results:
- MMA flyweight bout: Rudy Agustian defeats Asraful Islam by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- MMA flyweight bout: Akihiro Fujisawa defeats Rockie Bactol by TKO (Strikes) at 4:40 of Round 3
- MMA strawweight bout: Jeremy Miado defeats Peng Xue Wen by TKO (Strikes) at 0:53 of Round 2
- ONE Super Series Muay Thai Bantamweight bout: Han Zi Hao defeats Azwan Che Wil by TKO (Referee Stoppage) at 2:52 of Round 1
- Heavyweight bout: Alexandre Machado defeats Hideki Sekine by TKO at 1:44 of Round 2
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing Catch Weight bout (73.0kgs): Samy Sana defeats Armen Petrosyan by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- ONE Super Series Kickboxing Bantamweight bout: Hiroaki Suzuki defeats Deividas Danyla by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- MMA welterweight bout: James Nakashima defeats Raimond Magomedaliev by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- ONE Super Series Muay Thai Bantamweight bout: Saemapetch Fairtex defeats Alaverdi Ramazanov by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- Catch Weight bout (79 kg): Honorio Banario defeats Rahul Raju by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 3 rounds
- ONE Lightweight World Championship bout: Eduard Folayang defeats Amir Khan by Unanimous Decision (UD) after 5 rounds
- ONE Heavyweight World Championship bout: Brandon Vera defeats Mauro Cerilli by Knockout (KO) at 1:04 of Round 1
Watch Fujisawa and Bactol’s recent ONE Championship bout in the Philippines here: