Gazini Ganados is a Palestinian-Filipino model and beauty queen. At the age of 23, she was crowned Miss Universe Philippines 2019.
Ganados is an advocate for women’s rights and elderly care. Here is a timeline of the important events in her journey:
- She was born Gazini Christiana Jordi Acopiado Ganados to a Palestinian father and Filipino mother on December 26, 1995 in Dapitan City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines.
- In 2007, she moved to Talisay, Cebu from Dapitan City for her sixth grade.
- In 2010, she started her career as a model after being scouted by Sven Chua of Origin Model and Artist Management.
- In 2011, she won Miss Milo Little Olympics and completed her higher education from Cebu Sacred Heart College in Lawaan, Talisay City.
- In 2014, she competed in Miss World Philippines and finished in the Top 13.
- Representing Sinulog Festival of Bantayan, Cebu, she joined Reyna ng Aliwan 2015 and finished second runner-up.
- In 2016, she was crowned Miss Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation, Inc. (Cesafi) and when she joined Miss Pearl of the Philippines, she won Best in Regional Costume but was unplaced.
- Representing Loon, Bohol, she joined Miss Bohol 2017 and finished first runner-up.
- She was crowned Mutya ng Central Visayas Regional Private Schools Athletics Association (PRISAA) 2017.
- In 2017, she earned a bachelor’s degree in Tourism Management and a Health Care Services NCII certificate from the University of San Jose-Recoletos in Cebu City.
- She competed in Binibining Pilipinas 2019 on June 9, 2019 and earned the Miss Universe Philippines 2019 title along with the Best in Long Gown and Miss Photogenic awards.
- Representing the Philippines, she finished in the Top 20 in Miss Universe 2019 at the Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, Georgia, United States losing to Zozibini Tunzi of South Africa, who was crowned by Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray of the Philippines.
- On January 24, 2020, she revealed on social media that she had recently met her father for the first time and the meeting took place at a pizza restaurant in the Philippines.