Ben&Ben’s debut studio album “Limasawa Street” is finally here. Sony Music Philippines released the Filipino indie folk-folk pop band’s new album on May 12, 2019.
Established as the Philippines’ breakout band of 2017, Ben&Ben has nine members. Joining twin brothers Paolo Benjamin Guico and Miguel Benjamin Guico, previously known as The Benjamins, on acoustic guitars and vocals are Agnes Reoma on bass, Poch Barretto on electric guitar, Keifer Cabugao on violin, Pat Lasaten on keyboard, Toni Muñoz and Andrew de Pano on percussion and Jam Villanueva on drums.
Ben&Ben has endeared itself to many with heartfelt lyrics, unique musicality and electric vibe onstage. In the prime of the members’ youth, the band is keen on dedicating themselves to bringing richness to the music they create through songs of hope, love and positivity.
The band merged folk music with pop, streering a new sound genre that it would eventually dominate through the songs “Kathang Isip,” “Ride Home” and “Maybe the Night.”
The Ben&Ben members interchangeably describe themselves as a fellowship, a band of heroes like the Avengers or classmates stuck with each other. Once in a room with them, they fill the air with banter and casual conversations on where to eat next.
This gives one a real and honest look on how close-knit their family band really is. Under glaring lights, in between the seas of singing crowds with their music and each other, they have found home.
Ben&Ben is the first artist from the Philippines to be featured in the annual 24 Hours of Reality broadcast hosted by former United States vice president Al Gore. Chosen to participate in Music Matters 2017, the band performed in Chijmes and the Barbershop by Timbre in Singapore in September 2017.
In November 2018, Ben&Ben performed to a sold out crowd at the Dubai World Trade Center in Dubai, United Arab Emirates for the Pinoy Music Jam. The band will perform in SCAPE Playspace Orchard Link for ONE Music Experience Singapore 2019 in May 2019 and at Clockenflap at the Central Harbourfront in Hong Kong in November 2019.
“Limasawa Street” is a widely anticipated release, with pre-orders having sold out within one week. Fans can get a copy of the album on the band’s upcoming tour dates and venues:
- May 17, 2019: Marquee Mall, Angeles City, Pampanga
- May 19, 2019: Harbor Point, Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Olongapo City, Zambales
- June 9, 2019: Centrio Mall, Cagayan de Oro, Misamis Oriental
- June 15, 2019: Ayala Malls Capitol Central, Bacolod, Negros Occidental
- June 22, 2019: Ayala Malls Legazpi, Legazpi City, Albay
- June 23, 2019: The District Imus, Imus, Cavite,
- June 29, 2019: Ayala Center Cebu, Cebu City, Cebu
- July 13, 2019: Alabang Town Center, Muntinlupa City, Metro Manila
- June 20, 2019: Ayala Malls Circuit, Makati City, Metro Manila,
- June 27, 2019: Ayala Malls Solenad, Santa Rosa, Laguna
- August 9, 2019: TriNoma, Quezon City, Metro Manila
- August 17, 2019: Abreeza, Davao City
Two of the 13 songs in “Limasawa Street” are “Araw-araw” and “Pagtingin.” Miguel wrote the former while Paolo wrote the latter.
For more information, visit http://www.ayalamalls.com. Meanwhile, watch a live performance of “Pagtingin” by Ben&Ben here: