Gazini Ganados is a Palestinian-Filipino model and beauty queen. At the age of 23, she was crowned Miss Universe Philippines 2019.
Ganados is an advocate for women’s rights and elderly care. Here is a timeline of the important events in her journey:
- She was born Gazini Christiana Jordi Acopiado Ganados to a Palestinian father and Filipino mother on December 26, 1995 in Dapitan City, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines.
- From Dapitan City, she moved to Talisay, Cebu for her sixth grade.
- She started her career as a model after being scouted by Sven Chua of Origin Model and Artist Management.
- She won Miss Milo Little Olympics.
- She completed her higher education from Cebu Sacred Heart College in Lawaan, Talisay City.
- She competed in Miss World Philippines and finished in the Top 13.
- Representing Sinulog Festival of Bantayan, Cebu, she joined Reyna ng Aliwan and finished second runner-up.
- She was crowned Miss Cebu Schools Athletic Foundation, Inc. (Cesafi).
- She joined Miss Pearl of the Philippines and won Best in Regional Costume but was unplaced.
- Representing Loon, Bohol, she joined Miss Bohol and finished first runner-up.
- She was crowned Mutya ng Central Visayas Regional Private Schools Athletics Association (PRISAA).
- She earned a bachelor’s degree in Tourism from the University of San Jose-Recoletos in Cebu City.
- She competed in Binibining Pilipinas 2019 on June 9, 2019 and earned the Miss Universe Philippines 2019 title along with the Best in Long Gown and Miss Photogenic awards.