Singer-songwriter Justin Drew Bieber was born at 12:56 a.m. on March 1, 1994 at Room 126 of Floor 2 of St. Joseph’s Hospital in London, Ontario, Canada. His father Jeremy Jack Bieber is of German, English, Scottish and Irish descent while his mother Patricia “Pattie” Mallette is of French and Canadian descent.
Justin has three half-siblings. His father has two children with his former partner Erin Wagner namely Jazmyn Kathleen Bieber and Jaxon Bieber were born on May 30, 2008 and on November 20, 2009, respectively.
Jeremy and Mallette broke up at a young age and were never married. He also broke up with Wagner in 2014 and got engaged to Chelsey Rebelo in 2016.
Rebelo and Jeremy got married in February 2018. Their daughter Bay Bieber was born on August 16, 2018.
Justin Bieber from YouTube to superstardom
Created in 2005, YouTube changed the dynamics of the music industry and Justin became one of the artists who started by uploading videos on the platform. Here are 13 more interesting things about the Canadian singer-songwriter:
- Raised in Stratford, Ontario, Justin attended Jeanne Sauve Catholic School and St. Michael Catholic Secondary School and graduated from high school in 2012 with a 4.0 GPA.
- Justin can play several instruments. He learned to play the piano, guitar, trumpet and drums when he was a little boy.
- In 2007, Justin placed second in a local singing competition in Stratford where he sang “So Sick” by Ne-Yo and his mother posted a video of the performance on YouTube. In the same year, Mallette uploaded more videos of Justin singing R&B songs and Scooter Braun accidentally clicked on of them while searching for videos of different singer.
- Braun eventually became Justin’s manager. On March 19, 2010, Island Records released Justin’s debut album titled “My World 2.0” containing 10 tracks, most of which were co-written by him.
- Island Records released Justin’s second and third studio albums. “Under the Mistletoe,” his first Christmas album, was released on November 1, 2011 while “Believe” was released on June 15, 2012.
- On November 13, 2015, Def Jam Recordings and School Boy Records released Justin’s fourth studio album titled “Purpose.” He and Braun co-wrote the title track of the album with Boyd Stephen Philibin, Eben Wares, Jeremy Snyder and Justin “J” Wright.
- The fans of Justin are called the Beliebers. It was among the top words of 2010.
- As an actor, Justin played the best friend of Pizzi (Chris Pizzi) on “Cubed” Season 2 episode 10, which aired on November 4, 2010. He appeared on “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” Season 11 episode 1 on September 23, 2010 as Jason McCann, who appeared again in the season’s 15th episode, which aired on February 17, 2011.
- In 2012, Justin played an alien on TV monitors in “Men in Black 3.” In 2014, he played an inmate in “Behaving Badly,” which starred his former girlfriend Selena Gomez.
- In 2016, Justin played himself in “Zoolander 2.” In 2017, he voiced K.I.T.T. in “Killing Hasselhoff.”
- In 2017, Justin was the second most followed person on Twitter. In 2018, his VEVO channel was the YouTube account with the second highest number of subscribers.
- On January 9, 2014, Pentecostal pastor Carl Lentz of Hillsong Church New York baptized Justin. A tiny cross under the eye and a medium-sized cross on the chest are among Justin’s tattoos with religious significance.
- Justin and Hailey Baldwin got engaged on July 7, 2018. They had an official ceremony in Bluffton, South Carolina, United States on September 30, 2019.