Reigning Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray of the Philippines is expected to crown her successor before 2020. So far, 78 candidates have been confirmed to join Miss Universe 2019 including candidates from Bangladesh and Equatorial Guinea, which will be represented for the first rime.
The venue and date of the coronation night have yet to be confirmed. Steve Harvey is returning to host the international beauty pageant for the fifth consecutive year.
Miss Universe 2019 will wear a crown made by luxury jeweler Mouawad. Here are my 13 early favorites among the candidates who have a public Instagram account:
13. Cheslie Kryst, 28, United States
12. Birta Abiba Þórhallsdóttir, 19, Iceland
11. Rosie Xin Zhu, 25, China
10. Gazini Ganados, 23, Philippines
9. Paweensuda Drouin, 25, Thailand
8. Gabriela Tafur Nader, 22, Ecuador
7. Madison Anderson, 24, Puerto Rico
6. Dayana Davtyan, 20, Armenia
5. Julia Horta, 25, Brazil
4. Sofia Aragon, 25, Mexico
3. Barbora Hodačová, 23, Czech Republic
2. Mehr Eliezer, 22, Panama
1. Maëva Coucke, 25, France