Thomas Paul “Tom” Upton was a native of Montana, United States. He was 2 years younger than his wife Esmeralda “Esmi” Armendarez Upton.
Tom and Esmi have two sons together. They lived in Plano, Texas, USA.
As a lector, Tom was active with fundraising, coaching and numerous other activities at the Prince of Peace Catholic Church and School in Plano where he and his family worshipped and his sons attended pre-school through middle school. Here are 13 more things about Tom:
- He was born in Townsend, Montana to Frank Upton and Mary Alice Sweeney Upton.
- He has two brothers namely Steve Upton and Dan Upton.
- In 1984, he graduated from Broadwater High School in Townsend with highest honors. He was the class valedictorian.
- From July 1985 to September 1996, he served in the Montana State National Guard.
- In 1989, he graduated from Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana with highest honors. Right after his graduation, he served as captain in the Military Intelligence Corps of the U.S. Army.
- In 1991, he joined IBM in Helena, Montana. He later transferred to Salt Lake City, Utah, USA and then to Phoenix, Arizona, USA. He achieved the position of business unit executive before leaving the company.
- In 2000, he joined Support Net as a director of product division.
- On October 27, 2001, he and Esmi got married in Dallas, Texas.
- In 2002, he joined Microsoft Corporation in Dallas where he earned numerous awards.
- In 2003, Esmi gave birth to their first son.
- In 2005, Esmi gave birth to their second son. From March 2005 to March 2008, he was an IBM area sales manager.
- From March 2008 to June 2010, he was an IBM national sales director. He became a general manager in July 2010, a Central Region Enterprise and Partners Group chief of staff in September 2014 and senior director in July 2017.
- On April 7, 2020, he died as a result of injuries suffered from a bicycle accident. He was 54.