Sharifa Mangatong Areef Mohammad Omar Akeel is a Muslim beauty queen and model. She was born to a Qatari-Iranian father and a Filipino mother in Lebak, Sultan Kudarat, Philippines on July 24, 1997.
A native of Maguindanao, Philippines, Sharifa’s mother was the personal maid of her late father in Qatar. Here are 13 more facts about the Qatari-Iranian-Filipino beauty queen:
- She is 5’8″.
- She was raised by her maternal grandmother in Lebak.
- She plays softball.
- She earned her bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from the Notre Dame of Salaman College in Lebak.
- Her father passed away in 2015.
- In 2016, she was crowned Mutya ng Lebak and Mutya ng Sultan Kudarat.
- In 2017, she was crowned Mutya ng Regional Private Schools Athletic Association (PRISAA) and Mutya ng National PRISAA.
- Representing the Kalimudan festival of Sultan Kudarat, she competed in the 2018 Reyna ng Aliwan but was unplaced.
- On September 16, 2018, she was crowned Mutya ng Pilipinas-Asia Pacific International 2018 at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Representing the Philippines, she was crowned Miss Asia Pacific International 2018 in the New Performing Arts Theater of Resorts World Manila in Pasay City on October 4, 2018, making her the first Muslim woman and fifth Filipino candidate to win in the beauty pageant.
- On October 9, 2019, she crowned Chaiyenne Huisman of Spain as Miss Asia Pacific International 2019.
- After her reign as Miss Asia Pacific International 2018, she worked as a human relations officer at the congressional office of Sultan Kudarat.
- She served as the muse of Vietnam at the Southeast Asian Games 2019, which was held in the Philippines from November 30, 2019 to December 11, 2019.