Aaron David Robinson was a United States Army soldier from Illinois, USA. He was stationed at the Fort Hood military base in Killeen, Texas, USA.
Robinson was accused of killing Vanessa Guillen, who went missing on April 22, 2020 and found dead on June 20, 20201. Here are 13 facts about him:
- He lived in Calumet City, Cook County, Illinois.
- He was 5’11” and weighed 200 lbs.
- He attended Thornton Fractional North High School in Calumet City. He was a varsity football player there.
- In October 2017, he joined the Army as a combat engineer.
- In 2018, he was deployed to Iraq for around seven months.
- He was in a relationship with Cecily Aguilar, wife of former U.S. Army soldier Keon Devonte Aguilar.
- In December 2019, he moved in with Keon and Cecily.
- As an active duty junior soldier, he worked in an adjacent building from where Guillen worked. He was not her superior.
- He used a hammer to bludgeon Guillen to death, hid her body in a Pelican case, stored it to the side of the armory room where she was working, left to buy supplies and returned to take the case to the Leon River area in Bell County, Texas. Because he could not dispose of Guillen by himself, he enlisted the help of Aguilar, who helped him hack Guillen’s body apart using a machete, encase the body parts with cement and get rid of evidence.
- Before his death, Guillen’s sister Mayra Guillen spoke to him when she visited the Fort Hood base during the search for her sister. He was dismissive and laughed in her face, WHIO quoted Mayra as saying.
- On June 30, 2020, he fled the Fort Hood military base.
- An hour after midnight on July 1, 2020, he was found walking in the 4700 block of East Rancier Avenue in Killeen, which is around 10 miles from Fort Hood. When the U.S. Marshals Service, Killeen Police Department and the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force approached him, he turned a gun on himself and pulled the trigger. Justice of the Peace Garland Potvin pronounced him dead at the scene at 1:17 a.m., according to Killeen Police Department News.
- He died at the age of 20.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added as soon as they are available.)