Michael Edward Lofthouse is the founder and chief executive officer of Solid8, a cloud computing services company based in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States. He is originally from England, United Kingdom.
Lofthouse founded Solid8 in 2017. The tech company claims to carefully guide clients through the analysis and selection cycle with detailed business value assessments, accurate vendor recommendations and precise procurement of the right fit platforms that deliver major efficiency and financial improvements.
The Solid8 founder and CEO has broad experience in the cloud technology markets in the U.S. and in the U.K. Here are 13 more facts about him:
View this post on Instagram
❗️❗️❗️SHARE THIS POST❗️❗️❗️ Trigger warning: Racism, Vulgar Language (FYI he had a LOT more to say after I stopped recording) This is the face of the man who relentlessly harassed my family and I completely UNPROVOKED, UNWARRANTED, and UNCONSCIONABLE. We were celebrating my tita’s birthday, literally just singing happy birthday to her and taking pictures, when this white supremacist starts yelling disgusting racist remarks at us. (“Fuck you Asians” “Go back to whatever fucking Asian country you’re from” “You don’t belong here”) It is no coincidence that this man has the audacity to showcase such blatant racism on the 4th of July. White supremacy has a notorious habit of masquerading as patriotism! The fact that Donald Trump is our president (i.e. THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE WORLD) gives racists a platform and amplifies voices of hate. The surfacing of racists is so prevalent right now, even in such an ethnically/culturally diverse and liberal state like California, because Trump HIMSELF uses his position to incite racial tension and to promote aggression towards POC, foreigners, and immigrants. We need change! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VOTE THIS UPCOMING RE-ELECTION. PROTECT ALL PEOPLE REGARDLESS OF SKIN COLOR AND ETHNIC ORIGIN. ✊🏻✊🏼✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿
- He is British and he stands 5’8.”
- In 2005, he earned his bachelor’s degree in business from Newcastle Business School, which is associated with Northumbria University in Newcastle upon Tyne, England.
- In England, he worked for Hewlett-Packard and IBM.
- In 2010, he moved from England to the U.S. where he worked as a salesman for software companies including Appdynamics, Inkling and BMC Software.
- He originally lived in New York City, New York, USA before moving to Los Gatos, California.
- His brother Richard Lofthouse is married to Susanna Tsang Lofthouse, who is of Asian descent. Richard and Susanna have one daughter.
- On May 29, 2016, he faced three misdemeanor charges which were domestic battery, vandalism and destruction of telephone/power lines. The vandalism and destruction of telephone/power lines charges were dismissed.
- After being found guilty of vandalism, he spent two days in prison in July 2016 and had three years probation and 80 hours of community service. A restraining order was placed upon him as a result of the case.
- On July 4, 2020, he went on a racist rant in the Lucia restaurant of Bernardus Lodge and Spa in Carmel Valley, California against his fellow customers, who are Asian. The incident was captured on video by Jordan Chan who was there to celebrate her aunt Mari Orosa’s birthday along with the celebrant’s husband Raymond Orosa and two others.
- His recorded racist rant video went viral and was shared by celebrities including Kelly Clarkson and Patton Oswalt. Subsequently, he disabled his LinkedIn and Facebook accounts while his Twitter account was suspended.
- In a public apology he sent to Daily Mail, he said, “My behavior in the video is appalling. This was clearly a moment where I lost control and made incredibly hurtful and divisive comments. I would like to deeply apologize to the Chan family. I can only imagine the stress and pain they feel. I was taught to respect people of all races, and I will take the time to reflect on my actions and work to better understand the inequality that so many of those around me face every day.”
- Based in Morpeth, Northumberland, North East England, England, his parents Chris Lofthouse and Linda Lofthouse became aware of the racist rant video after hours after it became viral. Linda told Daily Mail, “We are completely devastated and appalled by his behavior. All I want to say is that we apologize unreservedly to the family and to anyone else it has offended.”
- He has an addiction problem, according to his mother.