Mary Lea Trump is a psychologist, entrepreneur and author. Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States, is her uncle.
Donald is the fourth among the five children of Frederick “Fred” Christ Trump and Mary Anne MacLeod Trump. Mary Lea’s father Fred Trump Jr. is the second while Maryanne Trump Barry, Elizabeth Trump Gray and Robert Trump are the eldest, third and fifth, respectively.
Mary Lea is the eldest grandchild of Fred Sr. Here are 13 more facts about her:
- She was born in New York City, New York, United States on May 3, 1965.
- She has one younger brother named Fred Trump III. Their father died in 1981 after years of suffering from alcoholism. Their mother Linda Lee Clapp was a flight attendant.
- In 1983, she graduated from the Ethel Walker School in Simsbury, Connecticut, USA.
- She earned her bachelor’s degree in English literature from Tufts University in Massachusetts, USA.
- She earned her master’s degree in English literature from Columbia University in New York City.
- In March 2000, she and her brother sued their paternal uncles Donald and Robert and paternal aunts, Barry and Gray, for procuring their paternal grandfather’s 1991 will by fraud and undue influence.
- She contributed to Rachel Miller and Susan E. Mason’s book “Diagnosis: Schizophrenia. A Comprehesive Resource for Patients, Families and Helping Professionals,” which Columbia University Press published in 2002.
- In 2010, she earned her master’s degree and Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Adelphi University’s Derner Institute for Advanced Psychological Studies in Garden City, New York.
- In 2012, she founded The Trump Coaching Group. She also serves as the chief executive officer of the company based in New York.
- In 2016, she supported Hillary Clinton who ran for president against Donald in the 58th U.S. quadrennial presidential election.
- She was the main source for The New York Times‘ investigation in 2018, which revealed how Donald helped his parents dodge taxes in the 1990s.
- She wrote the book “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man,” which Simon and Schuster published on July 14, 2020.
- She supports Democratic policies including increased gun control.