Jeffrey Adam Rouse is from Naples, Florida, United States. He works as delivery driver for GrubHub, an online and mobile prepared food ordering and delivery platform founded in 2004 and based in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
In the evening of August 13, 2020, Rouse was wearing a red cap and sunglasses and driving a silver sedan when he encountered an African American woman named Mishou Charelus in Naples. The two stopped at a red light.
“How much do you think your life matters right now?” Rouse asked Charelus. “None.”
“I’m going to put this mace in your black n***** face,” Rouse, holding a can of mace, told Charelus. “F*** you, n*****. That’s how much your life matters.”
Charelus was able to film the incident and the video went viral. Here are 13 more things about Rouse:
- He was born in June 1980.
- Among his family and relatives are Joseph H. Rouse, Lindsey B. Rouse, Alexander Jason Rouse, Andy J. Rouse, Joseph H. Col Rouse Jr. and Kathleen Ann Radigan.
- He is affiliated with the Republican Party of Florida.
- He registered as a voter in Collier County, Florida on May 25, 2018.
- He lives at 8930 Shenendoah Circle in Naples. He also previously lived in Cape Coral, Florida.
- He previously lived in Maryland particularly in Glen Burnie, Severna Park and Annapolis.
- He previously lived in Pennsylvania particularly in Phoenixville, Irwin and West Chester.
- He previously lived in Portland, Oregon.
- On August 6, 2020, he verbally abused an African American elderly man in traffic.
- On August 8, 2020, he was photographed defacing the signs of two political candidates outside a Seed To Table grocery store on Immokalee Road in Naples. He hurled racial insults at the person who photographed him and threatened him with physical harm.
- On August 14, 2020, deputies running radar at Immokalee Road and U.S. 41 in Naples saw him go through the intersection heading south on U.S. 41 at more than 100 mph. He led them on a pursuit, which was terminated for the safety of other drivers in the area.
- On August 15, 2020, deputies took him into custody at his residence. He was charged with fleeing and eluding, assault and two counts of criminal mischief.
- An ICU nurse at NCH Healthcare System in Naples named Dominique Peterson told Wink News that she encountered him before. She said he verbally abused her and her colleague.