Ronda Kay Byrd Brumback is from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States. On June 10, 2020, she posted a status on Facebook that angered many Americans, especially Black Lives Matter supporters.
“From this point on, I will never be kind to or do business with or even acknowledge a black person as being a human, which is kind of odd because my family has raised 14 black children that black people couldn’t manage to do so themselves,” Brumback wrote. “I have taken on your responsibilities. I have always believed that black children deserved a break and they deserve the same rights as whites.”
“Black people have managed to change my mind completely,” Brumback continued. “They can raise their own children from now on.”
The Oklahoman woman has deleted her Facebook account. Here are 13 more facts about her:
- She was born in 1960.
- She is a single mother.
- She has lived in other parts of Oklahoma namely Bethany, Edmond, Guthrie, Moore, Shattuck, Woodward and Piedmont. She has also lived in Tallahassee, Florida, USA.
- She owns Designs By Mother Earth, which is based in Edmond, and Essential Insurance, which is based in Warr Acres, Oklahoma.
- Among her family and relatives are Rocky Van Brown, Richard Warner Brown, Billy Lewis Byrd, Ashley Marie Brumback, Linda J. Belsham, Harold Watson Byrd and Morgan Higgins.
- From 1978 to 1982, she attended Missouri Southern State University where she earned her bachelor’s degree in business administration and management.
- From 1982 to 1986, she attended the University of Central Oklahoma where she earned her bachelor’s degree in marketing.
- In 1984, she gave birth to Israel Byrd.
- On June 1, 1999, Israel was beaten by African-American teenagers so brutally he had to undergo reconstructive surgery at University Hospital in Oklahoma City. She told The Oklahoman that an African-American woman who sympathized with her in the hospital made her believe that her son’s attack was a human issue and not a race issue.
- From 2014 to 2016, she worked as a social media manager and content creator for Alicia Castillo Holley, an international expert in creating wealth and the founder of the Wealthing Institute.
- In 2017, she was diagnosed with stage 2b breast cancer. In the same year, she wrote Medium articles about cancer.
- She used to work for the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS).
- She has an account on CaringBridge, a nonprofit social network that allows people facing various medical conditions and their family and friends to communicate. It was founded in 1997 and headquartered in Minnesota, USA.