Sergeant Michael Alfonso Magri is a police officer from Rochester, New York, United States. He was one of the seven Rochester Police Department officers suspended due to their involvement in the death of Daniel Prude, an African-American man from Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Suffering from mental health issues, Prude was in the custody of Vaughn and his fellow Rochester Police Department officers Mark Vaughn, Troy Taladay, Paul Ricotta, Francisco Santiago, Andrew Specksgoor and Josiah Harris on March 23, 2020. When Prude was having an acute, manic, psychotic episode that day, his older brother Joe D. Prude called the police for help.
The cops’ encounter with Daniel ended with him being unresponsive and sent to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester. He was taken off like support on March 30, 2020.
On September 3, 2020, Rochester mayor Lovely Warren announced that Magri, Vaughn, Taladay, Ricotta, Santiago, Specksgoor and Harris were suspended with pay. Here are 13 things about Magri:
- He was born in 1983.
- He is a resident of Ontario, New York.
- Aside from Ontario and Rochester, he previously lived in other parts of New York namely Macedon and Webster.
- He previously lived in Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
- Among his family and relatives are Anthony J. Magri, Tiffany A. Magri, Angela A. Magri, Brenda A. Touloupas, Christina F. Sapere and Anthony A. Magri.
- He received an annual salary of $97,607 in 2015, $92,373 in 2016, $92,398 in 2017 and $97,663 in 2018.
- On November 14, 2015, he was one of the cops who chased Hispanic man Jose M. Torres, who was driving a vehicle with contraband marijuana and pills.
- On September 14, 2016, he and his fellow Rochester Police Department officer Matt Bennetti testified in court against Torres.
- On May 6, 2017, he participated in the Bill Lawler Huntingtons 5K event of Yellow Jacket Racing. With 25:36:00 gun time, he ranked number 5.
- Rochester Police Department promoted him to the rank of Sergeant on January 2, 2019 along with Salvarote Amato, who was promoted to the rank of Investigator.
- He, along with Specksgoor and Harris, stood idly nearby while Daniel had his head pushed down against the pavement by Vaughn, back kneeled on by Talladay and legs held by Santiago.
- He casually chatted and joked with Vaughn and Talladay while Daniel was dying.
- His phone number is (315) 333-1145.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added as soon as they are available.)