Larynzo D. Johnson was one of the protesters who gathered at Broadway and Brook Street in Louisville, Kentucky, United States on September 23, 2020. That day, a grand jury decision absolved Jonathan Mattingly, 47, Brett Hankison, 44, and Myles Cosgrove, 42, the Louisville Metro Police Department officers who raided Breonna Taylor‘s apartment in Louisville, Kentucky, United States on March 13, 2020.
After being warned, Johnson and his fellow protesters would not disperse. Instead, they set fires at Broadway and Brook Street.
Johnson was arrested that day. Here are 13 more facts about him:
- He was born on March 7, 1994.
- He goes by the nickname Spankey.
- He is related to Leroya D. Johnson, Lanisha D. Johnson, William M. Johnson Jr., .
- He is a resident of Louisville.
- He is accused of intentionally using a handgun to fire multiple bullets at LMPD officers while they were trying to control a protest crowd at around 8:30 p.m. on September 23, 2020. The two officers who were shot namely Major Aubrey Gregory and Robinson Desroches suffered non-life-threatening injuries and were treated at University Hospital.
- He fled the scene after firing the handgun.
- He was in possession of a pistol when he was arrested at 8:40 p.m. on September 23, 2020.
- He was wearing a green face mask, a sweater colored green, white, yellow, red and orange with the word Sugarhill, black training pants and black rubber shoes.
- He was charged with two counts of first-degree assault of a police officer and 14 counts of wanton endangerment of a police officer.
- He was booked into the Louisville Metro Department of Corrections in Louisville.
- He is scheduled to be arraigned in Jefferson County District Court in Louisville on September 25, 2020 at 9 a.m.
- He has a $750,000 bond.
- He had no previous arrests prior to the shooting of Gregory and Desroches in Louisville.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added soon.)