Cortez Lamont Edwards is an African-American man from Louisville, Kentucky, United States. Here are 10 more facts about him:
- He was born in Louisville.
- He is 5’11”. His registered weight was 170 lbs.
- On September 15, 2016, he was booked into Louisville Metro Department of Corrections. He was charged with criminal possession of forged instrument, theft by deception, probation violation for a misdemeanor offense and two counts of serving bench warrant for court and two counts of theft of identity without consent.
- On February 8, 2019, he was booked into Jefferson County Jail in Kentucky. He was charged with two counts of enhancement trafficking in controlled substance in first degree, enhancement trafficking in controlled substance in third degree, enhancement trafficking in marijuana in first degree, three counts of enhancement possession of a handgun by a convicted felon, complicity to possession of firearm by a convicted felon, false making or embossing of credit card, probation violation for a misdemeanor offense and failure to appear citation for misdemeanor.
- He owns an AR variant pistol firearm and a non-extendible support brace with an extended magazine.
- While waving his AR variant pistol firearm on Facebook Live on September 23, 2020, he asked for $30,000 “to shoot Louisville Metro Police Department officers on scene for a disturbance in the street in front of his residence.”
- On September 27, 2020, special agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Homeland Security Investigations, U.S. Marshal Service, Federal Protective Service and Louisville Metro Police Department officers and detectives executed a search warrant at his residence without incident. They found him sleeping on the couch in the living room.
- He lives with a toddler. He was the only adult present in the living room while the toddler was in a playpen when he was arrested on September 27, 2020.
- He owns a Glock model 19, 9-millimeter semi-automatic pistol. It was found on the couch where he was sleeping when he was arrested on September 27, 2020.
- He was 29 years old when he was arrested on September 27, 2020. His Facebook account was deactivated after the arrest. He was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and booked into the Oldham County Detention Center in Buckner, Kentucky, WDRB reported. If convicted, he could face up to ten years in prison, a $250,000 fine and three years of supervised release, according to WAVE 3 News.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added soon.)