Rebecca Grossman is a socialite and philanthropist married to Dr. Peter Grossman. Peter’s father A. Richard Grossman founded the Grossman Burn Center in West Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States.
For more than 20 years, Rebecca worked extensively in the healthcare field as a researcher, journalist and marketing executive.
Rebecca made headlines after killing Egyptian-American brothers Mark Iskander and Jacob Iskander, who were born in 2009 and 2011. Mark and Jacob are sons of Karim Iskander and Nancy Iskander and brothers of Zackary Iskander and Violet Iskander.
On September 29, 2020, Rebecca drove her white Mercedes-Benz while she was intoxicated. At around 7:10 p.m. at the intersection of Triunfo Canyon Road and Saddle Mountain Drive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, she smashed her speeding car into Mark and Jacob, who were walking with their parents and two siblings.
Mark was carried for more than 100 feet down the road on the hood of Rebecca’s car. When she she hit the brakes, the boy rolled off into the street.
After running Mark over, Rebecca left the scene. He died at the scene while Jacob was rushed to the hospital, where he died a few hours after being hit by her car.
Peter and Rebecca co-founded Grossman Burn Foundation, a Los Angeles County-based nonprofit organization that provides burn prevention education and self sustainable burn treatment communities. Here are 13 more facts about her:
- She was born on June 14, 1963.
- She is 5’6″ and weighs 130lbs.
- In 2002, she and Peter became the legal guardians for Zubaida Hasan, a burn patient from Afghanistan.
- In 2003, she and Peter received the Baha’i Human Rights Award.
- In 2007, she was named Woman of the Year by The American Heart Association.
- In 2009, she and Peter received the Humanitarian and Leadership Engagement Award from The Bayat Foundation.
- In 2017, the Haven Hills Foundation honored her and Peter for their work in preventing domestic violence.
- She owned and operated a medical marketing business Medi-Marketing and Associates.
- She is the founder of Advanced Laser Specialist, Inc.
- She is the former publisher of Westlake Magazine.
- She had a prior stint as a guest host on “Stop The Clock,” a weekly morning news segment for ABC7 Eyewitness News.
- She was arrested in the evening of September 29, 2020 on two counts of vehicular homicide. Her bail was set at $2million. She was out on bail on at 12:30 a.m. on October 1, 2020.
- Her first court appearance will be on October 21, 2020.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added soon.)