Mushroom is one of the 16 mystery celebrity singers competing in “The Masked Singer” Season 4, which premiered on Fox on September 23, 2020 and hosted by Nick Cannon, 39. Many viewers believe that the celebrity behind the mask is Johnny Depp, 57, Pharrell Williams, 47, or Billy Porter, 51.
But panelists Ken Jeong, 51, Jenny McCarthy, 47, Robin Thicke, 43, and Nicole Scherzinger, 42, have different guesses. In episode 6, which aired on November 4, 2020 and featured “The Masked Singer” Season 2 winner Wayne Brady, 48, the panelists’ guesses were Donald Glover, 37, Adam Lambert, 38, or Jaden Smith, 22.
“Mushrooms are resilient and thrive in all circumstances,” Mushroom said. “Being here has made me realize this show is fertile ground to explore another side of yourself.”
Inspired by woodland animals, Mushroom’s outfit includes a light brown dress that resembles a mushroom stem. It is decorated with mushrooms, moss, grasses, and a squirrel at the bottom of the dress along with brown leather gloves.
The red hat Mushroom is wearing is adorned by flowers. He said, “If you want to know who’s behind my mask, you’ll need to figure out who’s under my hats.”
Along with four other contestants, Mushroom made his first appearance in episode 5 titled “Masked But Not Least,” which aired on October 28, 2020. He sang “This Woman’s Work” by Gerald Maxwell Rivera, 47, who is mononymously called Maxwell.
In episode 6, Mushroom sang “If I Could Turn Back Time” by Cherilyn “Cher” Sarkisian, 74. Here are the panelists’ guesses:
- born at the Edwards Air Force Base in Edwards, California, United States on September 25, 1983
- best known as a musician called Childish Gambino and for starring in the films “Magic Mike XXL,” “Spider-Man: Homecoming” and “Solo: A Star War Story”
- born in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States on January 29, 1982
- best known as “American Idol” Season 8 first runner-up
- born in Malibu, California, United States on July 8, 1998
- best known for starring in “The Karate Kid”