Jonel Montales Nuezca is the man who ended the lives of Sonya Rufino Gregorio and Frank Anthony “Anton” Gregorio. Born in 1968, Sonya gave birth to Anton in 1995.
Nuezca, Sonya and Anton were neighbors and residents of Purok 2, Barangay Cabayaoasan, Paniqui, Tarlac, Philippines. Here are 13 more things about Nuezca:
- He was born in 1974.
- He was an active member of the Philippine National Police.
- He was a senior master sergeant.
- He was officially assigned at the Parañaque City Crime Laboratory in Parañaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- His wife Leilanie Aquino Nuezca gave birth to their daughter Elisha Aquino Nuezca in 2007.
- He was suspended from February 19-28, 2010.
- In 2013, he was charged with grave misconduct. The case was dropped and closed.
- At about 3:00 p.m. on April 8, 2014, he refused to take a drug test and left the testing area without asking for permission or clearance from the National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) inspectors. He was charged with less grave neglect of duty and was given a 31-day suspension. The NAPOLCOM also accused him of extortion in 2014.
- In 2016, he was charged with serious neglect of duty for failing to attend a court hearing as a prosecution witness of a drug case. The case was dropped and closed.
- On May 9, 2019, he was charged with homicide. The case was dismissed due to lack of substantial evidence.
- On December 29, 2019, he was charged with homicide again. The case was also dismissed due to lack of substantial evidence.
- While off duty at around 5:10 p.m. on December 20, 2020, he fatally shot Sonya and Frank. His wife and daughter witnessed how he murdered their neighbors. At around 6:19 p.m. that day, he surrendered at the Rosales Municipal Police Station in Rosales, Pangasinan, Philippines where he was picked up.
- From Rosales, he was transferred to the Paniqui Municipal Police Station where he was charged with double murder.