Dalal Bayle Idd is an African-American man from Minnesota, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born in 1995 to Somali parents.
- He grew up in Eden Prairie, Hennepin County, Minnesota.
- His father Bayle Adod Gelle runs a home health-care agency.
- He has 10 siblings.
- On March 9, 2014, he used methamphetamine before assaulting and robbing a man in the locker room of a Life Time Fitness on 6233 Baker Road in Eden Prairie with the help of his cousin Kamal Elyas Maqadin of Shakopee, Minnesota. After fleeing the fitness center, he burglarized a house just a few blocks away and assaulted the homeowner in the presence of the victim’s wife and children.
- On March 10, 2014, while being detained at the Hennepin County Adult Detention Center, he repeatedly punched a detention deputy in the face.
- On March 11, 2014, he was charged with first-degree aggravated robbery, one count of third-degree assault, one count of first-degree assault, two counts of first-degree burglary and one count of fourth-degree assault.
- On April 27, 2015, he pleaded guilty to all six counts he was charged with in March 2014 without an agreement from the state regarding sentencing.
- On June 17, 2015, he was incarcerated at the Minnesota Correctional Facility (MCF)-St. Cloud in St. Cloud, Minnesota.
- Represented by Dan Rasmus, he unsuccessfully appealed his sentences to the Minnesota Court of Appeals on June 13, 2016.
- On December 2, 2020, the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office charged his older brother Mohamed Amin Bayle Idd with second-degree murder in connection with the shooting death of Shakur Freed Muhammed on November 30, 2020.
- On December 30, 2020, his younger brother Dolal Bayle Idd was fatally shot by Minneapolis Police Department officers in a traffic stop at the Holiday Gas station near East 36th Street and Cedar Avenue in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- He is expected to be released from the MCF-St. Cloud on January 31, 2023.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)