Steven R. Brandenburg is a white man from Wisconsin, United States. Here are 13 things about him:
- He has lived in various parts of Wisconsin including Milwaukee, Racine, Fond du Lac, Waukesha, Saukville and Middleton.
- He and Gretchen L. Brandenburg got married in 2012.
- He and Gretchen have two children together. The younger one is a daughter born in 2014.
- He and Gretchen no longer live together. She filed for divorce in June 2020.
- When he picked up their children at his wife’s house on December 6, 2020, he dropped off a water purifier and two 30-day supplies of food and told her that the world was crashing down and she was in serious denial. He also told her that the government was planning cyberattacks and was going to shut down the power grid.
- He believes the earth is flat and the sky is a “shield put up by the Government to prevent individuals from seeing God.”
- He is a licensed pharmacist. He worked at Advocate Aurora Health in Grafton, Wisconsin. He had taken a gun to work twice.
- At Advocate Aurora Health, he deliberately removed the 57 Moderna vaccine vials from refrigeration overnight on December 24, 2020 into December 25, 2020, returned them, then left them out again on the night of December 25, 2020 into December 26, 2020. The Moderna vaccine is viable for 12 hours outside refrigeration and 57 vials, which were approximately worth $11,000, contained enough doses to inoculate more than 500 people.
- When an Advocate Aurora Health pharmacy technician discovered the 57 Moderna vaccine vials outside the refrigerator on December 26, 2020, he said he removed the vials to access other items in the refrigerator and forgot to put them back.
- On December 28, 2020, his divorce attorney withdrew from the case.
- On December 30, 2020, Grafton Police Department officers arrested him on suspicion of reckless endangerment, altering a prescription drug and criminal damage to property. He told the investigators that he intentionally tried to destroy the vaccine because it could hurt people by changing their DNA.
- He was 46 years old when he was arrested on December 30, 2020.
- Represented by Jason Baltz, he attended a virtual hearing on January 4, 2020. Judge Paul Malloy ordered him held on a $10,000 signature bond on the condition that he surrender his firearms, not work in health care and have no contact with Advocate Aurora Health employees. He posted bond on the same day, CBS 58 reported.
(This is a developing story. More details will be added.)