Omar Felix Cueva lived in different parts of the United States including California and New Mexico. He was the man who killed New Mexico State Police officer Darian Jarrott.
Between 2000 and 2010, Cueva was charged in California with possession of a controlled substance twice, importation of a controlled substance three times, writing a fake check and burglary. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He lived in Deming, Luna County, New Mexico. (a)
- He did not have a criminal history in New Mexico. (a)
- He was 13 years old when he was arrested for vandalism, which was his first arrest. He was found guilty in June 1994. (b)
- In June 2000, he was found guilty of possession of a controlled substance. He was found guilty of the same crime in September 2001. (b)
- In October 2002, he was accused of knowingly and intentionally importing approximately 37 pounds of cocaine into the U.S. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to prison time and supervised release. In March 2008, he was found guilty of importation of a controlled substance again. (b) (c)
- In April 2004, he was found guilty of importation of cocaine. (b)
- In August 2006, he was found guilty of writing a fictitious check, writing a false check and burglary.
- In March 2007, he was found guilty of probation violation.
- In September 2010, he was charged with possession with intent to distribute crystal methamphetamine in California, USA. (a) (c)
- In October 2010, he and two other men were accused of knowingly and intentionally possessing several pounds of methamphetamine with intent to distribute the drug. (a) (b)
- In August 2011, he pleaded guilty to three counts of using a cellphone to facilitate a drug offense and was sentenced to 10 years in prison. (a)
- On February 4, 2021, he was driving his white Chevrolet pickup truck from Deming to to Las Cruces, Doña Ana County, New Mexico for a drug deal when he was pulled over on Interstate 10 as part of an operation by State Police and Homeland Security Investigations. Wearing a bulletproof vest, he fatally shot Jarrott, led other officers on a chase that ended on I-10 in Las Cruces and shot a Las Cruces Police Department officer. He died when multiple officers fired back. (a) (c)
- He died at the age of 39. (a) (c)