Distinctive for its large Cuban expatriate community, Florida is the third most populous state in the United States. The state is bordered to the north by Georgia, to the east by the Atlantic Ocean, to the west by the Gulf of Mexico and to the south by the Straits of Florida.
Florida is home to some of the Donald Trump supporters who breached the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C., USA on January 6, 2021. They disrupted a joint session of Congress certifying the vote of the Electoral College and affirming Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election.
One U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) officer named Brian D. Sicknick died because of the riot. Here is the list of individuals from Florida who are accused of participating in the riot:
NOTE: Everyone in this growing list is presumed innocent until proven guilty.
- Adam Avery Honeycutt of Florida
- Adam Christian Johnson, 36, of Parrish, Florida
- Andrew Williams of Florida
- Anthony R. Mariotto of Florida (aka Tony Mariotto)
- Bradley W. Weeks, 43, of Macclenny, Baker County, Florida
- Dana Joe Winn of Florida
- Gabriel Augustin Garcia, 40, of Miami, Florida
- Jesus Delamora Rivera Jr., 37, of Pensacola, Florida Panhandle, Florida (aka JD Rivera)
- John Anderson of St. Augustine, Florida
- Jon Ryan Schaffer, 52, of Tampa, Florida
- Joseph Randall Biggs, 37, of Ormond Beach, Volusia County, Florida (aka Joe Biggs)
- Matthew Council of Riverview, Florida
- Michael Stepakoff, 55, of Palm Harbor, Pinellas County, Florida
- Michael Thomas Curzio, 35, of Summerfield, Marion County, Florida
- Rachael Lynn Pert of Florida
- Samuel Pinho Camargo, 26, of Deerfield, Broward County, Florida
- Steve Omar Maldonado, 40, of Palm Bay, Brevard County, Florida (aka Emilio Maldonado)