Ken Robert Kuwamura Sr. was a lifelong resident of San Antonio, Texas, United States. His mother Aurora “Dora” Gonzalez Rendon Kuwamura was born in Laredo, Webb County, Texas while his father Frank Kakuzo Kuwamura Sr. was born in Japan.
Ken enjoyed fishing and hosting parties. Here are 13 more things about him:
- A devout Catholic, he ushered the Papal service in San Antonio.
- He was a member of the Knights of Columbus.
- He graduated from Burbank High School in San Antonio and Tyler Junior College in Tyler, Smith County, Texas where he excelled in football and track and field.
- He served in the U.S. Naval Reserve and worked for the U.S. Postal Service and Ford Motor Sales before settling into a career in general construction including major projects in and around San Antonio.
- In 1955, he married Irma Flores Kuwamura.
- In 1957, Irma gave birth to Ken Robert Kuwamura Jr. Ken Jr. married Sylvia Sosa.
- In 1959, Irma gave birth to Paul Jeffrey Kuwamura. Paul married Candice Denise Talley.
- On January 29, 1960, his father died in San Antonio at the age of 69.
- In 1961, Irma gave birth to Lawrence Michael “Larry” Kuwamura. Larry married Anna Marie Lopez.
- On October 28, 2000, his sister Helen Kuwamura Gloria died at the age of 74.
- On April 30, 2007, his mother died in San Antonio at the age of 101.
- On September 17, 2016, his brother Frank Kakuzo Kuwamura Jr. died in San Antonio at the age of 83.
- On February 28, 2021, he died at the age of 87. He is survived by his siblings Alice Kuwamura Weiss, Anita Louise Kuwamura Taylor and Fredererick Shiro Kuwamura.