Leyla Espinoza Shuken Calvache is an Ecuadorian beauty queen, model and accounting assistant. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Quevedo, Los Rios, Ecuador.
- As a child, she witnessed mistreatment of women in her neighborhood.
- She is an animal lover and an advocate for animal rights.
- She is passionate about defending the rights of abused women.
- She is a Galo Cabanilla Foundation ambassador.
- In collaboration with the Richard Foundation, she works on different social projects and donates beds, wheelchairs and other necessities for people with disabilities.
- Teaming up with the Fuvida Foundation, she helps children with diabetes.
- She is 5’8″ tall.
- At the age of 24, she has read more than 300 books.
- On January 17, 2020, she became an official Miss Ecuador 2020 candidate. The competition was delayed due to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- On October 17, 2020, she was crowned Miss Ecuador 2020 at the Wyndham Sail Hotel in Manta, Manabi, Ecuador. She represented Los Rios.
- While reigning as Miss Universe Ecuador 2020, she was studying international business at the Universidad de las Américas in Quito, Ecuador while working as a professional model and accounting assistant.
- She was 24 years old when she represented Ecuador in Miss Universe 2020 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida, United States on May 16, 2021. She was unplaced.