Carolyn Marie Pawlenty has lived in different parts of the United States including Minnesota and Iowa. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was previously named Carolyn Marie Chauvin.
- She lives in Peosta, Dubuque County, Iowa.
- Aside from Peosta, she has lived in other parts of Iowa including Dubuque.
- She has lived in different parts of Minnesota including Saint Paul and St. Paul Park.
- When she was married to Robert Michael Chauvin, she was a housewife.
- In March 1976, she gave birth to Derek Michael Chauvin in Ramsey, Anoka County, Minnesota.
- In October 1982, she gave birth to Krysta Pawlenty. The father is Leroy Jerome Pawlenty Jr. not Robert.
- In 1983, she filed for divorce from Robert, asking for the family home and child support for Derek and Krysta.
- On November 26, 1984, she and Robert divorced. They were granted joint custody of Derek.
- After divorcing Robert, she married Leroy.
- On November 18, 2007, her father-in-law Leroy Jerome Pawlenty Sr. passed away. He was buried in Rosemount, Dakota County, Minnesota.
- She was 73 years old when her son Derek was found guilty of second-degree unintentional murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter on April 20, 2021 in the death of George Floyd on May 25, 2020.
- On June 25, 2021, she appeared in court before Judge Peter Cahill. Without mentioning Floyd’s name, she told Cahill that Derek has a big heart and pleaded with the judge for leniency. She said, “My son’s identity has also been reduced to that as a racist. I want this court to know that none of these things are true and that my son is a good man.” Later that day, Derek received a sentence of 22 years and six months in prison for the second-degree unintentional murder of Floyd with credit for time served.