Clémence Botino is a model and beauty queen from France. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Baie-Mahault, Guadeloupe, France to an Afro-Caribbean and European father and an Indo-Caribbean mother.
- She grew up in Le Gosier, Guadeloupe.
- She is fluent in French and English.
- She is passionate about fashion and music. She enjoys playing the piano and dancing salsa.
- She is 5’9″ tall.
- In 2014, she obtained a scientific baccalauréat, a national academic qualification in France that students can obtain at the completion of their secondary education. In the same year, she studied in an international school in Miami, Florida, United States.
- From 2016 to 2018, she took preparatory literary courses at the Lycée Gerville-Réache in Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe.
- In 2018, she enrolled in Sorbonne University in Paris, France where she pursued a master’s degree in art history.
- On August 3, 2019, she was crowned Miss Guadeloupe 2019.
- On December 14, 2019, she was crowned Miss France 2020 at the Le Dôme de Marseille in Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, France. After her coronation, she received racist comments online due to the color of her skin.
- She was 22 years old when she was crowned Miss France 2020.
- On December 19, 2020, she crowned Amandine Petit as her successor. She and Petit were supposed to represent France in Miss Universe in 2020 and 2021, respectively, but they later switched places due to potential date conflicts between those pageants and Miss France 2022.
- If she wins Miss Universe 2021, she will be the third Miss Universe from France following Christiane Martel and Iris Mittenaere, who were crowned in 1953 and 2016, respectively.