Luiseth Emiliana Materán Bolaño is a journalist, actress, model and beauty queen from Venezuela. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She was born in Los Teques, Miranda, Venezuela to Luis Augusto Materán Ruiz and Emile Margarita Bolaño de Materá.
- She is the youngest among seven siblings.
- She is 5’10” tall.
- From 2013 to 2019, she attended the Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (UCAB) in Caracas, Venezuela where she earned her bachelor’s degree in social communication.
- On December 18, 2015, she represented Miranda in Miss Globe Venezuela 2015 and won the title.
- In May 2016, she worked as a part-time general producer for Venezuela Tiene Con Que in Madrid, Spain.
- She made her television acting debut in the Venezuelan telenovela “Intrigas tras cameras.” In January 2019, the filming of the production began. On May 4, 2020, ABC announced that the production of the show had been temporarily suspended due to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- From August 2017 to July 2020, she worked for Miss Globe Venezuela in Caracas as a communications and public relations coordinator.
- She was Miss Miranda 2020.
- On September 24, 2020, she represented Miranda in Miss Venezuela 2020 in Caracas. She finished in the Top 5.
- In May 2021, she joined CEOSAPP in Charleston, South Carolina, United States as a communications director.
- On July 2, 2021, she was officially appointed as Miss Universe Venezuela 2021. She will represent Venezuela in Miss Universe 2021 in Costa Rica on January 16, 2022.
- She was 24 years old when she was appointed as Miss Universe Venezuela 2021. If she wins Miss Universe 2021, she will be the eighth Miss Universe from Venezuela following Maritza Sayalero, Irene Saez, Barbara Palacios, Alicia Machado, Dayana Mendoza, Stefania Fernandez and Gabriela Isler, who were crowned in 1979, 1981, 1986, 1996, 2008, 2009 and 2013, respectively.