Glenn Allen Brooks is a white man from Huntington Beach, California, United States. Aside from Huntington Beach, he has lived in other parts of California including Westminster, Long Beach, San Diego and La Habra.
Wearing a red, white and blue knit TRUMP hat, a plaid scarf and a red jacket, Brooks went to the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C., USA on January 6, 2021. That day, Donald Trump supporters breached the building while a joint session of Congress was certifying the vote of the Electoral College and affirming Joe Biden‘s victory in the 2020 presidential election.
Brooks boasted of his active participation in the U.S. Capitol riot, according to a member of his church prayer text group, who sent a tip to the Federal Bureau of Investigation on January 30, 2021. An FBI special agent filed a criminal complaint against Brooks, which was signed by U.S. Magistrate Judge Robin M. Meriweather on July 27, 2021.
Aside from working as a development specialist, Brooks also operates Brooks Works Corp., a boutique remodeling company based in Huntington Beach. Here are 13 more things about him:
- From 1983 to 1985, he attended San Diego State University in San Diego, California where he earned his bachelor’s degree in electronics and communications engineering. (a)
- From December 1989 to July 1997, he worked for Rank Video Services America in Garden Grove, California as a system controller II. (a)
- From 1993 to 1995, he attended the University of Phoenix in Tempe, Arizona, USA where he earned his master’s degree in business administration and management. (a)
- In October 1994, he opened Brooks Works Corp. (a) (b)
- The Contractors State License Board issued his general building license in June 1997. It expired in June 2021. (a)
- From January 1999 to December 2020, he was a volunteer Red Cross Blood Services public information officer. (a)
- In November 2011, he joined Green Jobs for Haiti, which is based in Port au Prince, Haiti, as a development specialist. (a)
- From August 2012 to January 2013, he worked for Modular Wind Energy in California as a development specialist. (a)
- From May 2013 to July 2019, he worked for the Bear River Ridge Wind Power Project in California as a development specialist. From October 2013 to March 2018, he was a puppy raiser at the Guide Dogs for the Blind in Orange County, California. (a)
- From March 2014 to September 2018, he worked for Merritt Energy Park, Inc. in Columbus County, North Carolina, USA as a development specialist. (a)
- In September 2016, he started volunteering in Harvest Christian Fellowship‘s FOH Children’s Ministry as a sound engineer. (a)
- From February 2019 to May 2020, he worked as a freelance development specialist in California. In May 2020, he joined Pacific Imperium LLC in California as a development specialist. (a)
- On March 24, 2021, he arrived at his Huntington Beach residence driving a burgundy 2004 Ford F150 with a California license plate. He was 61 years old when he was arrested on July 29, 2021 at his Huntington Beach home. For his participation in the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, he was charged with entering and remaining and disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds and disorderly conduct and parading, demonstrating or picketing in a U.S. Capitol building. (a) (b) (c) (d)
(This is a developing story. More details are being added.)