John Adajar is a Filipino professional mixed martial artist who competes in the welterweight division. He hails from San Pablo, Laguna, Philippines.
As an amateur MMA fighter, Adajar competed in the Academy Fighting Championship, where he held the welterweight championship title. He studied political science at the University of Makati in Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines and previously worked for Century Properties Group, Incorporated in Makati City as the director of sales marketing.
Adajar’s fight name is The Outlaw. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He is 5’11” tall.
- From 2009 to 2010, he attended Far Eastern University in Sampaloc, Manila, Metro Manila.
- He was Ginoong Laguna 2014.
- He finished in the Top 15 at Misters of Filipinas 2015.
- On June 25, 2016, he made his professional MMA debut at “URCC Fight Night 3” in Taguig City, Metro Manila where he knocked out Jericho Tomagan of the Philippines.
- On November 6, 2016, he and Chris Hofmann of Switzerland and the Philippines competed for the then vacant URCC Middleweight Championship title at “URCC 28: Vindication” at the Manila Marriott Hotel Grand Ballroom in Manila. Hofmann won via knockout.
- On April 21, 2017, he knocked out Dunlee Stewart of the Philippines at “URCC: Battle Extreme Tournament of Superstars 2” at the Casino Filipino in Manila.
- On August 12, 2017, he knocked out Jet Hermida of the Philippines at “URCC 30” at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City, Metro Manila.
- On September 15, 2017, he defeated Min Hyuk Lee of South Korea via split decision at “URCC: Battle Extreme Tournament of Superstars 3” at the Casino Filipino.
- On September 29, 2018, he became the URCC Global Welterweight World Champion by knocking out Afonso Celso dos Santos of Brazil at “URCC: Colossal” at the Araneta Coliseum.
- On April 27, 2019, he successfully defended his URCC Global Welterweight World Championship title by knocking out Miguel Mosquera of the Philippines at “URCC Global: Raw Fury” at The Cove at Okada Manila in Parañaque City, Metro Manila.
- In January 2020, he filmed a scene in “Gensan Punch,” a film by Cannes Film Festival Best Director Brillante Mendoza. He was training at the Fairtex Training Center in Pattaya, Thailand when the new coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown started in 2020.
- He was 30 years old when he was appointed as Mister Supranational Philippines 2021 in July 2021. On August 22, 2021, he represented the Philippines at Mister Supranational 2021 at the Strzelecki Park Amphitheater in Nowy Sącz, Małopolska, Poland and finished in the Top 20.