Swelia Da Silva Antonio is an Afro-Dutch beauty queen. Here are 10 more things about her:
- She hails from The Hague, Netherlands.
- She earned her bachelor’s degree in nonprofit, public and organizational management from The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
- She and her family are originally from Angola. In 1999, she and her family moved from Angola to the Netherlands.
- She was selected as a Miss Africa Netherlands 2017 candidate but she was not able to participate in the competition.
- From February 2019 to July 2019, she was a Carnegie Foundation intern in The Hague.
- On November 8, 2020, she was crowned Miss Supranational Netherlands 2020 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- She was 23 years old when she was crowned Miss Supranational Netherlands 2020.
- In 2021, she earned her master’s degree in public administration from the International Institute of Social Studies of the Erasmus University Rotterdam in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- While reigning as Miss Supranational Netherlands 2020-2021, she served as an ambassador of education for the Black Ladies Talk organization.
- Since Miss Supranational 2020 was cancelled due to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, she represented the Netherlands at Miss Supranational 2021 on August 21, 2021 in Nowy Sącz, Malopolska, Poland and finished in the Top 12.