Alexander Zverev is a German professional tennis player who lives in Monte Carlo, Monaco. His nickname is Sascha.
Zverev speaks German, Russian and English. Here are 13 more things about him:
- He was born in Hamburg, Germany to Russian parents Alexander Mikhailovich Zverev and Irina Zvereva. Both of his parents competed as professional tennis players for the Soviet Union.
- Aside from tennis, he also plays basketball and golf.
- His older brother Mischa Zverev is also a professional tennis player.
- He is 6’6″ tall.
- In 2000, he started playing tennis. In 2002, he started to play tennis at least half an hour a day.
- In 2011, he played his first junior match at a grade 4 tournament in Poland and entered his first event on the International Tennis Federation (ITF) junior circuit.
- In 2013, he made his professional tennis debut.
- He was a 2018 French Open quarterfinalist.
- He was a 2019 French Open quarterfinalist.
- He was a 2020 Australian Open semifinalist. He was runner-up to 2020 US Open men’s singles champion Dominic Thiem.
- In March 2021, his former girlfriend Brenda Patea gave birth to their daughter named Mayla.
- Representing Germany, he won gold in men’s singles in tennis at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan on August 1, 2021.
- He was a 2021 Australian Open quarterfinalist and a 2021 French Open semifinalist. He is competing for 2021 US Open championship.