Nicholas Ivan “Nick” Maximov is an undefeated professional mixed martial artist from California, United States. He is of Russian descent.
A resident of Chico, California, Maximov trains at the Nick Diaz Academy in Stockton, California. He attended Clackamas Community College in Oregon City, Oregon, USA and previously lived in Bend, Oregon.
Maximov is 5’11” tall and he fights in the middleweight division. Here are 13 more things about him:
- In April 2008, he visited Hermosa Beach, California.
- In June 2010, he visited Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada, USA.
- In September 2011, he visited Kings Beach, California.
- In 2012, he stated training at Bruno Lima Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy in Chico.
- From 2012 to 2016, he attended Chico Senior High School.
- In May 2014, he visited Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, California.
- In April 2015, he visited Immediate Care Medical Center in Chico.
- In September 2016, he trained at Impact Jiu Jitsu Clackamas in Clackamas, Oregon.
- In 2017, he started training at Nick Diaz Academy. As an amateur MMA fighter, he submitted David Tuikolonguhua of San Francisco, California at “51 Fifty: Fight Night 1” on August 5, 2017 and Nick Davis of San Jose, California at “209: Beatdown 3” on August 19, 2017, both via triangle choke, and knocked out Aaron Lopez of Eugene, Oregon via punches at “FCFF: Rumble at the Roseland 94” on September 30, 2017.
- When he made his professional MMA debut on October 6, 2018 at “KOTC: Terminal Velocity” on October 6, 2018 in Oroville, California, he knocked out Nick Piecuch of Victorville, California via punches.
- On July 27, 2019, he submitted Bruno Casillas of Santa Barbara, California via kimura at “Bear River FC-HFC 1: Hard Fought Championships 1” in Redding California. On August 10, 2019, he knocked out William Hope of Nevada via punches at “Iron Pit Productions: High Desert Brawl 14” in Susanville, California.
- On January 11, 2020, he submitted Robert Allensworth of California at “KOTC: Return to Order” in Oroville. On September 11, 2020, he submitted Johnny James Jr. of Portland, Oregon via rear-naked choke at “LFA 91” in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA. On November 17, 2020, he defeated Oscar Cota of Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico via unanimous decision at “Dana White’s Contender Series 2020” Week 10 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- He was 23 years old when he made his Ultimate Fighting Championship debut at “UFC 266” on September 25, 2021 at the T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Clark County, Nevada where he defeated Cody Brundage via unanimous decision. The victory improved his professional MMA record to 7 wins and 0 loss.