Maureen Christa Pojas Wroblewitz is a model, actress and television host. She was born in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to her German father Matt Wroblewitz and Filipino mother Mariefe Pojas Wroblewitz.
Maureen, who also goes by the name Maureen Wrob, has two older sisters and one younger sister. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She is 5’6″ tall.
- From 1998 to 2010, she lived in Riyadh.
- In 2009, her mother died after battling against cancer.
- In 2010, she and her family moved to Germany.
- In 2013, she moved to the Philippines to pursue a career as a model after being scouted on Instagram by a modeling agent.
- She represented the Philippines in “Asia’s Next Top Model” Season 5, which aired on STAR World from April 5, 2017 to June 28, 2017. She emerged as the winner, besting 13 other contestants.
- In 2018, she co-hosted the Filipino TV show “Eat Bulaga.” She appeared in the music video of Juan Karlos Labajo‘s song “Buwan,” which was released on July 22, 2018.
- She appeared as a special guest in “Asia’s Next Top Model” Season 6, which aired on Fox Life on September 5, 2018.
- She played Lacy in the Filipino film “Byaheng Broken Hearted,” which was released in the Philippines on April 16, 2019.
- On November 21, 2020, she revealed that she had tested positive for the new coronavirus (COVID) and was recovering.
- She was one of the celebrities who took to social media to react to the killings of Sonya Rufino Gregorio and Frank Anthony “Anton” Gregorio, who were fatally shot by Jonel Montales Nuezca on December 20, 2020. On December 22, 2020, she wrote on Twitter, “i’ve been trying to find the right thing to say but i’m still at a loss for words. This is not an isolated case. If it wasn’t for the video, that murderer would still be walking the streets. This needs to end.”
- On June 19, 2021, she was one of the artists who signed a contract with the Philippine TV network ABS-CBN and its talent agency Star Magic.
- She was 23 years old when she represented Pangasinan at Miss Universe Philippines 2021 and competed against 27 other finalists at the Henann Resort Convention Center at the Alona Beach in Panglao, Bohol, Philippines on September 30, 2021. She finished fourth, making her the first runner-up.