Daria Varlamova is a Russian-Australian business consultant, model, writer, actress and beauty queen based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Born in Bryansk, Russia and raised in Western Australia, Australia, she is fluent in Russian and English.
Varlamova is very passionate about mental health awareness, particularly about destigmatizing mental health issues. Here are 13 more things about her:
- In 2003, she moved from Russia to Australia.
- From 2012 to 2015, she attended Murdoch University in Perth, Western Australia where she earned her bachelor’s degree in commerce. She specialized in human resource management and international business.
- In 2014, she tried out for the Miss Universe Australia program but did not make it through to the state finalist round.
- From July 2015 to April 2021, she worked for The Social Savvy in Melbourne as a social media and digital marketing consultant.
- From May 2016 to February 2018, she worked for Rocky Bay in Perth as a community support.
- From March 2018 to June 2018, she worked for Rewardle in Melbourne as a business development manager and merchant consultant.
- From August 2018 to October 2018, she worked for Samsung Mobile as a brand activation ambassador in Melbourne.
- From 2020 to 2021, she attended Edith Cowan University in Perth where she earned her graduate certificate of counselling.
- On October 28, 2020, she competed against 25 other candidates at Miss Universe Australia 2020 at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins in Melbourne. She was fourth runner-up.
- Amid the new coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, she was named one of Yahoo Finance’s Top 21 Health and Wellness Influencers for 2021. From March 2021 to May 2021, she volunteered at Beautiful Minds Australia by facilitating and presenting mental wellness workshops for young girls aged 7-12. In June 2021, she joined Open Universities Australia in Docklands, Victoria, Australia as a trusted student advisor.
- When she competed at Miss Universe Australia 2021, she was working at a university as a student advisor and working towards her master’s degree in counselling to become a psychotherapist and work in the mental health space. On October 19, 2021, she competed against 28 other candidates at Sofitel Melbourne on Collins in Melbourne and won the title.
- She was 26 years old when she was crowned Miss Universe Australia 2021.
- On December 12, 2021, she will represent Australia at Miss Universe 2021 in Eilat, Israel.