Tharina Botes (ทารีน่า โบเทส) is a Thai-South African model and beauty queen with a demonstrated history of working in the public relations and communications industry. She is into fashion, visual arts and sports.
For Botes, her grandmother Madeline Botes is the most lovable and caring person she knows. Tharina’s father is in the motor industry while her mother owns the Jasmine Thai Day Spa in Ferndale, Gauteng, South Africa.
Tharina hails from Phuket, Thailand and previously lived in Roodepoort, Gauteng and in Cape Town, South Africa. Here are 13 more things about her:
- She has a sister who is 2 years younger than her and a brother who is 10 years younger than her.
- She is 5’11” tall.
- She was Miss Teen Gauteng 2014.
- On March 30, 2014, she and her best friend attended the Miss South Africa 2014 coronation night at the Sun City Superbowl in Sun City, Moses Kotane, North West, South Africa where Rolene Strauss was declared the winner.
- On October 27, 2016, she represented South Africa at Miss International 2016 and competed against 68 other candidates in Tokyo, Japan. She was unplaced.
- In 2018, she studied commerce in Damelin.
- On May 27, 2018, she competed against 27 other finalists at Miss South Africa 2018 in Pretoria, South Africa. She was one of the candidates from Gauteng and she finished in the Top 12.
- From July 2018 to October 2018, she worked for PR Worx in Johannesburg, Gauteng as an ambassador.
- In 2019, she graduated from the University of South Africa where she earned her bachelor’s degree in commerce and economics.
- On April 29, 2019, she was crowned Miss Grand Phuket 2019 at the Novotel Phuket Phokeethra in Phuket.
- On July 13, 2019, she represented Phuket at Miss Grand Thailand 2019 and competed against 76 other candidates at the Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre, in Bangkok. She finished in the Top 10.
- From November 2019 to March 2020, she worked as a luxury brand ambassador in Phuket.
- On October 24, 2021, she represented Phuket at Miss Universe Thailand 2021 and competed against 29 other candidates at the Scala Theatre in Nong Nooch Tropical Garden, Pattaya, Thailand. She was runner-up to Anchilee Scott-Kemmis (แอนชิลี สก๊อต-เคมมิส).